Today there are a number of grocery stores that offer a wide variety of grocery and non-grocery items, but also require a small membership fee to shop there. In return, shoppers are guaranteed a store that is both socially and economically responsible and that helps both the members and the local community. People that care about being responsible for others usually love shopping at these types of stores. Most of them agree that their membership fee is very small compared to the practical and emotional rewards that they get in return. These types of stores are easy to find, as they can be found both online and in regular brick-and-mortar locations.
Types of Products Available at These Stores
Stores that offer memberships also do whatever they can to keep their prices low, which is one of the ways they try to act more responsibly. This is one of the many advantages to shopping at these stores, but it is by no means the only advantage. These stores tend to offer a wide range of products, including:
- Grocery items such as flour and baking goods, condiments, food items and soups
- Beverages and snacks, such as tea, water, coffee, chips and crackers, pudding and nuts
- Beer and wine items
- Fresh foods such as eggs, bread, vegetables and fruits
- Frozen and chilled food items like milk, yoghurt, margarine and processed foods like meat and seafood
- Baby needs that include diapers, wipes, baby food, toiletry items and formula
- Home care items such as dishwashing powder, detergent, cleaning supplies, soap, paper towels and air fresheners
- Health and beauty items like makeup, lotions, shampoo and conditioner, toothbrushes and toothpaste, feminine hygiene products and foot care items
- General items such as disposable items, batteries, kitchen accessories, home appliances and pet food
These grocery stores usually offer a selection that is second to none and offers everything you are looking for to cook your meals once you get home. For example, just the selection of San Remo pasta available at FairPrice Singapore and stores like them is surprising. It includes products like spaghetti, shells, penne, elbow, macaroni, spirals, vermicelli, angel hair, linguine, fusilli, tri-colour and twists, as well as both organic and whole wheat varieties of pasta. In fact, pasta is just one of the many products with a wide selection of items in these types of grocery stores.
Start Your Search Online
Socially responsible grocery stores offer both regular store locations and an online presence, the latter being an excellent way to begin your search for one of these stores. These stores’ websites include all the information you need to know regarding their products, memberships, weekly sales and discounts, and anything else you need to know about shopping at these stores. They usually offer various recipes and news items, as well as a presence on social media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter. Regardless of the information you are after, you can find exactly what you need when you visit one of these stores’ well-maintained websites